Monday, September 17, 2012

"The Birthplace"




















(unavailable)

"Solitude is the birthplace of great thought." This piece is a "sneak preview" and a cropped portion of an 18" x 24" piece in an upcoming exhibit. It seemed appropriate today since I'm feeling like a monk in a monastery! The Opening Reception is this coming Friday. Click on to our website for details. pactofaustin.com

Strange things can happen in a studio late at night. I was preparing to do a collage for today when I spotted the cropped off pieces of my larger piece. The imagery and division of space was compelling, so I made one piece out of two remnants from the large piece. It's quite "funky" looking, but also compelling, so without hesitation, I mounted them to a board.

When your internal critic is not screaming in your ear, things like this can happen. The truth of the matter is that I was too tired to listen to any critic, especially the one inside me. I hope this will give you a desire to just go with those odd "quirky" things that can happen when you least expect it. It doesn't always work, but you will know when it feels right. Trust those instincts. My new motto is.... "Go bold or go home!". And there you have it...just a few more things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment