Saturday, November 24, 2012

"A Special Day"

(unavailable)

"Special days are inscribed with love." Today's posting is lovingly dedicated to my dear friend on her wedding day. Sara, may you have a spectacular day and a joyous new beginning with the love of your life!

This was an interesting painting to do because it was already framed when it was painted. I had to do it that way in order to give it to Sara today.  So in case you ever find yourself in the same situation, here is how it was done. 

I went ahead and painted the sides and back of a 6" x 6" gessobord and floated it on a linen mat inside of a custom frame with E6000. The label on the back plus the wire hanger were installed as well. I then wrapped the bottom and top of a box with the wedding paper and made sure the painting would fit in there snugly by also placing tissue paper all around. All of this was done last night.

So this morning, the adhesive had dried and then I taped all around the painting area with masking tape, making sure to identify the top so as not to paint the thing upside down since the wire was already installed. It was an interesting experience, but Sara will be able to see her painting by simply lifting the lid and it can dry while it hangs on her wall. 

I now know it takes one month for these paintings to dry, but it's worth it to me to have the thick dimensionality of the paint. And there you have it...just a few more things to think about. (I now must get ready to go to a wedding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment