Monday, November 5, 2012

"Empty Vessel"

(unavailable....water soluble oils)

"An empty vessel is ready to be filled." I like to draw the comparison between an empty vessel and an empty mind. In order to stay focused on anything, it is quite necessary to empty your mind of all extraneous detail. This can also have deep spiritual meaning.

I went a bit more chaotic and abstract today which was my intention. Eventually, I will land on some very solid ground. This process could be compared to "staging" a room where you might keep moving things around, taking some items out and putting other items in until you feel satisfied that the room feels right. This piece could probably have used a bit more editing, but I also need to push the limits in one direction or another until all is well.

The beauty of blogging everyday is that I now have numerous pieces that I can study in retrospect. It helps me to see what changes need to be made. It is hard to figure out what the next step is to achieve a particular mood and integration without doing a lot of pieces. 

It is inevitable that practicing a particular technique will automatically "morph" if you create enough work. So my encouragement is to keep on keeping on and assess the body of your work along the way to get where you want to go. And there you have it...just a few more things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment