Monday, February 21, 2011

"Witness"

(unavailable....mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)

What we say and do is a direct result of what we are thinking. This quote is just a different way of expressing this very important principle of life.

After creating this piece, I "kind of" missed the high contrast concepts I've been playing around with. However, I needed a background to go with my pear so I actually cropped this from a larger piece created in the Yves Leterme Workshop. (A girl has to do what a girl has to do!)

It is interesting to notice a quieter and moodier look that results by shutting down the intense contrast...the lightest light not being white and the darkest dark being diffused, with soft edges, and not taking up very much design space. Just a few of the decisions that need to be made with each creation.  It all depends on what you are trying to communicate visually.



No comments:

Post a Comment