Friday, January 20, 2012

"Astray"




















($40.00......6" x 6" mounted on a 1/8" clayboard panel)


"Stray thoughts lead to actions gone astray." There are other words that give a deeper insight to the word "astray".   Such words as wander, drift, sidetracked, and digress are just a few. Taking control of our thought life and staying focused is worth the effort. Who would want go astray and end up in the weeds?

This is the second piece in a small series that could be called "going out on a limb." The line work in this barren bush going off in all directions was a good image for the quote today. In case you missed another time when I talked about the process of coming up with quotes, let me repeat myself. Today is my 316th posting. I have tried every sequence that came to mind such as coming up with the quote first, thinking about it in the middle of the process, or waiting until the image is done. The last way is the easiest and most integrated way for me. If I am passionate about the process and the image, there is always a quote to be written. The image then becomes the metaphor for what I am saying.

You might find the writing of quotes satisfying so I encourage you to give it a try. That way you're using both sides of your brain simultaneously. Just something to think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment