Friday, April 22, 2011

"Estad Quietos" (sold)




















(sold)

Today is Good Friday. In remembrance of the Lord's crucifixion for our sins, I am posting this piece I created for the Easter Exhibit at my church. (The title..."Estad Quietos" means "Be Still" in Spanish.)

This particular scripture from Psalm 46:10 has been the single most requested passage for me to do. This is my fourth version. It is a 12 x 12 with the background created with acrylic and paste on Arches Text Wove.

It took more than one layer of paste to create the kind of depth and movement seen here. Unfortunately, the paper was created before the piece was envisioned and I did not have enough paper to cover the entire clayboard. My solution was to use my leftover bits to cut individual blocks going down the right hand side with random letters written on them for interest. This is just one of many creative solutions any artist has to come up with to make things work.  I simply had to use this background because it went so well with the verse. It reminds me of a long forgotten one-liner...."Where there's a will, there's a way"! (There is a slight distortion in the image because it's a photo not a scanned image.)

1 comment:

  1. The leftover bits were the perfect solutiona and make the piece even more dynamic!

    ReplyDelete