Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Transformation" (sold)




















(sold)

As the metamorphosis of a caterpillar takes place, the metamorphosis of a human life takes place in the mind. Our internal desires always guide the actions of our lives.

The lines created in the background of the first layer of paste paper help define the division of space in this piece as well as leading the eye directly to the butterfly. Even though I still like to use light molding paste and sometimes hard molding paste and even plaster... paste paper has become my medium of choice for creating texture. My love for the subtle textures that can be created in paste paper is unequaled because it can be manipulated into a thin or thick texture like no commercial medium I've used. By using palette knives, credit cards, shaper tools or any unconventional tool, the look can become much more contemporary and erratic than the traditional combing techniques and patterns. I say it's time to blow the lid off of the same old techniques! Morph your artwork into the unexpected world of paste paper.


Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

1 comment: