Monday, April 11, 2011

"Interesting Lines" ($30.00)




















(adjusted price....$30.00)

Believe it or not, this piece is based on a close up shot of a saguaro cactus. It was not green like the others, but was extremely interesting. That's the way I am viewing the etched lines of my face now. They're not wrinkles but interesting character lines!

Much of this piece began with white gesso, especially the cactus. I used a shaper tool and stylus to move the gesso around to create the texture. Acrylics and pastels provided the color.

The thing to take away here is the abstraction found in nature. Whipping out your camera and taking extreme "close-ups" of anything can yield some rather abstract images. I took a cue from a friend of mine and bought a small pocket size camera for my purse with a zoom lens just to make sure I was always prepared to take a shot of some abstract shape or texture. It's kind of fun, too!

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment