Friday, June 3, 2011

"Potter or Clay" ($40.00)




















(adjusted price....$40.00)

This quote has a deeply spiritual meaning as well as an indirect way of stating the importance of focus. I'll let you decide.

Soft horizontal bands of gradated color work very well with a vertical image. Because I'm always concerned about the division of space, I chose to brush on some soft pastels lightly over the lettering. The lettering can still be read, but when this piece is viewed from across the room, that vertical band flows right into the pot which flows right into the expressive script at the bottom. By connecting all three things, I have created one strong contrasting division of space to the horizontal bands. Think carefully about these connections because they really do enhance the design.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment