Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Three In One" ($60.00)




















(adjusted price.....$60.00......mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)

Today's visual inspires me to think more deeply about the Trinity...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This glass mosaic sits on the coffee table in my studio. It describes visually what is often difficult to describe verbally. Thank you Louise Gunn for your gift of creativity and permission to use your image.

In yesterday's posting, I talked about the contemporary icons in my work. And I realized that geometric forms that represent a concept are just as viable as the realistic ones such as doors, chairs, and windows. It is always instructive to think deeply about visual communication because doing so gives the artwork passion. And passion is the blood flowing through the veins of any visual concept.

Forgive me for going off the deep end philosophically. Just as the Trinity inspires deeper thought, so does the question about why any of us create artwork. Just something to think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

1 comment: