Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Success" ($60.00)




















(adjusted price.....$60.00....mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)
It is human nature to look at what someone else has achieved and think we can do likewise. And we probably can if we take all the steps that will bring it to pass and we are wired in that way. However,  there is often a gap in our thinking that assumes we can take a shorter path and achieve the same thing. Not! It amazes me how often I come up against this reality and how often I perceive it in others.

The magic of gesso showed up in this background. Until I made the decision to cover the portion I didn't like, this piece almost made it into the trash can. However, I did love the texture in the black areas, so all turned out well. The butterfly shows the power of one image with some intense color in a setting of neutrals. By including this one image, I have a "star" with a supporting cast. Keeping the lettering out of that white area and keeping it simple also helped the star of the show take the stage. Just something to think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment