Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Creative Friends" (sold)




















(sold)

"Creative friends provide the soil where seeds of thought can grow." I have many friends who are creative. It is my joy to be with them and have creative discussions about the art process. Thanks to all of you!

(You may have noticed there was no posting yesterday. My husband is back in the hospital with pneumonia. Everything is okay and he is getting better. Those of you who are in my script class tomorrow afternoon....the class is still on. Jim is exactly where he needs to be and will remain there until he recovers.)

Tropical plants are fast growing and seem to go hand in hand with the concept of creative thought. This one is not a completely realistic interpretation because I got carried away with the colors, design, and watercolor techniques. Notice that the plant divides the space nicely by going completely past the edge on three sides. The color palette is the star attraction with two sets of split complements...violet / green and orange / green. Any time I can squeeze in two sets of complements, it's a happy day! The visual impact is always compelling. There is also happiness when I can include my two favorite violets. The violet band at the top is Light Violet (Golden Acrylic). The darker violet in the plant and lettering is Perylene Violet. (WN Gouache) The next time you see some tropical plants, notice their colors. Consider using them even if you don't want to actually paint the plant. You cannot go wrong. Just something to think about.

1 comment: