Sunday, May 15, 2011

"The Front Porch" ($60.00)




















(adjusted price.....$60.00....mounted on a 1.5" depth clayboard)

The nostalgia of the front porch is a very real memory for some and a present reality for others. It is a place for visiting with family or friends or just having a quiet moment of prayer. The quote completes the story for me.

This piece illustrates another way to divide the design space. After cropping a section of paste paper to an exact (6 x 6), I folded the paper in half...in half again...and in both directions to create (16) squares. I then used sandpaper to distress the edge of each fold. The initial paste paper was gray, but I warmed it up by brushing a wash of walnut ink over the surface. The paper was then sprayed with acrylic coating followed by (2) dilute coats of gel matte medium. The last step was painting and lettering. That's it in a "nutshell" or should I say "walnut shell"? Anyway, it's a different "aging" technique you might want to try.

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

1 comment:

  1. That is one beautiful example of Balance. I especially love the text block. ♥

    ReplyDelete