Thursday, May 5, 2011

"May Flowers" ($40.00)




















(adjusted price....$40.00)

Many special events happen in May, making it the second busiest month of the year after December. Many of these events especially, Mother's Day and Weddings, are made extra special with flowers. Enjoy!

After receiving several e-mails yesterday asking me what the quote said... I rest my case about the fact that a majority of people actually want to read what they perceive as lettering.

I do like to integrate the lettering into the background which often does make it more difficult to read. (It also helps to double click on the image.) All of the originals are easy to read, and sometimes fine details get lost when seen on a computer. Never the less, I made sure everyone could read today's quote with no problem. However, I originally wrote it in cadmium scarlet and it was too blended with the background so I just went over the whole thing in dark green. You can still see some of the cadmium showing through in places, but I'm past the point of having everything perfect so I decided it looked just fine with a bit of the original color peeking through. I must say that Yves Leterme had a powerful influence on me and one of my favorite things he said was to just let the mistakes show. It's sounding better to me all of the time. By the way, I am almost to my 100th (6 x 6) and I don't know whether I'm just getting "lax" or if "funky" is beginning to grow on me. Anyway, the thing to take away from today is let the mistakes show through. You might have a "new technique" on your hands.


Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

1 comment:

  1. "Let the mistakes show through." That is a powerful and freeing statement. Sounds like it would make a great quote for one of your pieces. I'm learning to live my life with that kind of openness and vulnerability--not hiding my mistakes. It truly encourages others, and allows me to live a life of freedom.

    Thanks for sharing your "mistakes" with us. It assures us that you, too, are human.

    ReplyDelete