Friday, November 4, 2011

"Drifting" ($40.00)




















(adjusted price....$40.00)

"Drifting is not an option if success is the destination." Drifting implies that nothing is happening with intention. In such a case, there are no goals, no plans...but simply living each day doing whatever feels good. The best thing to do is get some oars in hand before the canoe gets "beached" on a sand bar or keeps going in a circle!

There are so many approaches to the conceptualization process, it's hard to know where to begin. When that happens to me, I typically look at what is happening in my background and actually define the mood that is represented. By define....I mean with words. For instance, the extremely diffused lines in this piece caused me to feel like I was in a fog. So....being in a fog described the mood.

As I was looking for a visual to paint or use as a collage, I came across this canoe, with no one in it and no oars. At that moment, the word "drifting" came to my mind and with a few minutes of thought, the quote was born. The visual of the canoe, the diffused lines, and the quote complete the marriage of the design elements.

Hope this helps to describe one way of conceptualization. Make some connections in your art and you might be surprised at the outcome. Just something to try or think about.


Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment