Friday, November 18, 2011

"Spontaneously" ($60.00)




















($60.00.....mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)

"Some of the best things in life happen...spontaneously." This piece was prompted by some feelings I had while sitting on the patio. Acorns were literally falling from the trees while I was visiting with a friend. Autumn was definitely in the air. It was one of those spontaneous, unplanned moments. In my memory, these always seem to be my best memories. Look for the unexpected special moments in the day...the spontaneous ones.

This was one of those pieces that kind of looked like a mess. But on closer observation, when I looked at where the pencil lines landed after the first layer and cropping, I was encouraged. Plus, there was a whole lot of texture going on that looked very spontaneous.

The collage elements were placed with the pencil lines acting as a support. If you look closely, you can see how the lines and the imagery connect so there is a division of space created by the combination of the two. Making connections of lines, shapes, and color blocks in a piece is crucial to good design. So don't try to achieve the most perfect background in the world. Get a little messy with the process and let some spontaneous things happen. They are the ones with the most energy and create the most memorable experiences. Just something to think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece. I will no longer be listing items on ebay, but will incorporate a paypal link on my blog very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment