Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Texas Women" (unavailable)




















(unavailable....in the permanent collection of dee day)

"Texas women are allowed in their man's cave." This time of year in our fine state, many a man (and his woman) spend time in his outdoor cave which would be called a "deer blind". Yes, it is time once again for deer season which opens this weekend. Just so you know, I am opting for the inside man cave. I do not do the deer blind scene....especially in cold weather!

Once again, I have opted to use one of my favorite color combinations which includes Napthol Red, Black, Raw Umber, and Titan Buff. Pouring Medium added to the colors accounts for the soft blending of color and a bit of marbelizing.

Two pieces of collage were added to this background which is just enough to establish the main concept. Besides selecting collage bits that fully integrate with the texture and feel of the background layer.... choosing a "quiet" line of lettering to cross over the background, over the collage, and over the background again is like "stitching" two pieces of fabric together. It is a wonderful way to complete the piece and have the collage fully integrated. One of the reasons I use so much spencerian script is that it is unobtrusive and adds the final touch to a piece without becoming the total focus. Just something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. The colors are amazing, I think this is one of my favorite color combos, too, though I'm not sure if I've ever tried it. I like the collage items, too!
    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete