Monday, November 28, 2011

"My Home" (Sold)




















(sold)

"Other places I may roam, but Texas is my home." This time of year many people may visit other places, but those who live in the Lone Star State have a pride like no other, and Texas is their home. The star in the image is on the (5) acres we call home.

It is very easy to get locked into a particular technique and stay there forever, but real growth happens when you hold loosely to particular techniques and simply allow it to continue "morphing" into something else. This has been one of the hugh benefits of blogging every day. The process seems to spur on this "morphing process".

In this piece, I poured a bit of Walnut Ink onto my glass table top followed by the laying down of Arches Text Wove to make a monoprint. After drying thoroughly, I then printed my photograph over the monoprinted paper. I could have stopped there, but the look of Liquitex Pouring Medium plus a bit of Titan Buff has captivated me so I did that technique as well. (The photograph must be sealed with 2-3 coats of Krylon Spray Acrylic Coating first and mounted on a clayboard panel.) Pencil lines and writing were also added. I have some other ideas to try and you probably do as well. Just something to try or think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment