Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Woven Together" (sold)





















(sold)

Everyday, just by virtue of living on the earth, all of us will do three things. We will think, eat, and do something. However, there is a huge range in the choices people make in these three areas. These choices produce the fabric of our lives.

Someone emailed me and asked me if the quote or the visual come first. I can truthfully say that sometimes it's the quote, and sometimes it's the visual. The beauty of writing your own quotes is  the freedom to change things as you go along. For instance, my first quote for today was..."We are what we think, eat, and do."  But while I was deciding on a visual, I glanced over to see all these strips that were cut off of other pieces and I also had a visual in front of me of woven leather strips. Once I saw that, I began to think how to change the wording so that a weaving could be a design element.

The next question is..."Does the design work?" As always, the fianl verdict is in the eye of the viewer. So often artists forget that even though they can create anything they want, the final decision of whether it connects to the viewer is not their decision to make. Just something to think about.

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

1 comment:

  1. I love the weaved strips at the top--it's eye catching!

    ReplyDelete