Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Dear Friends" (unavailable)




















(unavailable......in the permanent collection of dee day)

"Pen and ink are like dear friends." (Several people have ask me to type the quote in my commentary. I will now include it as the first sentence.) My inspiration for this piece was this inkwell made in the 1800's. It is a prized part of my collection.

All week long I have included gesso as the first layer of my process. It will continue because I am fascinated with the process. Anything that adds a look of spontaneity is a good thing. Also, by working on a large sheet of paper and cropping, you can take it up another notch.

I know I sound like a broken record, but cropping is the only way you can come up with these totally random looking layouts. I heartily recommend experimenting on "parent" sheets of paper so you can experience the thrill of the "crop"!   Just something to think about...and do.


Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

3 comments:

  1. You've really ramped it up; it's exquisite! ~s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to do JUST that! Thanks for all your encouragement and instruction along the way! This has been an excellent resource for me and you are my inspiration... Sue, too! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combo of images and words--love this one so much!! Would love to see your collection, too! I agree, when in doubt, crop it into greatness!! :)
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete