Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Tolling of the Bell" ($40.00)




















(adjusted price...$40.00 )

"The tolling of the bell marks the reflection of memories past." This day of National reflection reminded me of all the times I've heard bells tolling to mark significant events. Let us all be diligent in prayer for our country as we reflect on the most devastating event against our Homeland.

Grays and black work well with any color combination. I returned to my favorite mixture for gray...Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna. With these two colors plus white, a whole range of grays can be mixed. Of course, the first layer is dilute acrylic painted over a randomly applied gesso.

Those of you who are or have taken Spencerian Script can appreciate how just one or two lines gives a historical look to a piece and has a "quieting" effect. As much as I love Copperplate, it has a heavier visual weight and will not accomplish what Spencerian does. Hopefully this kind of look will give you even more motivation to include it in some of your work. I seem to have fallen in love with it as soon as Pat Blair hit our city limits with her pen! Also notice the division of space and what's going on in all four corners. As always, these are just a few things to think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment