Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Printing & Publishing" ($30.00)




















(adjusted price....$30.00)


There are moments in my life when I wish I could push the delete key on something I've said and simply retype a more appropriate response. That is the underlying thought here. I am quite certain everyone can relate.

My favorite part of this image is the stamped "R" with some of the edges disappearing. The hand carved stamp was cut from Safety Cut (available at most art / craft stores). The secret is to mix water with the graphite (or watercolor, acrylic, etc.) until you have a "soupy" mixture. Apply mixture to stamp with a brayer and print on dry paper. Also use commercial stamps and apply medium to a random portion of the stamp for a cool texture. Have fun!

.....one more thing. If you have not read the description of the final presentation of these pieces on ebay, they are mounted on gessoed masonite panels and varnished. This enables you to sit them on an easel or float on a black linen mat in a frame with or without glass.

1 comment:

  1. This really resonates with me. I look forward to starting each day by viewing your work. Thank you for these beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete