Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Solitude & Silence" (sold)


























(sold)


Most everyone has a place either in your home or some other place where you go to be alone. Hopefully, it is a place away from people and audio input where you can pray and meditate on the deeper things of life.

Believe it or not, I am deeply satisfied playing around with extreme positive / negative space. It is a very direct approach and the way I would describe the way I relate to others.  So for now, it feels like me. This approach is also well suited to a square format without having to deal with a strong vertical or horizontal orientation.

Just a few words about the advantages of daily blogging. In just two weeks time, I have made observations about design and technique that would have taken me (6) months to learn going at a slower pace. This is one of the huge benefits of not only playing around in my studio everyday, but bringing that 6 x 6 to a conclusion...completed and ready to post! In other words, design decisions must be made and techniques implemented at a fairly rapid pace. (Every (24) hours has a way of repeating itself like clockwork!) If you are up to the challenge, pick a particular size format and try this for a week or so. You will be stunned at what you learn....IF you don't opt to skip any days. You will notice that today's piece has the same blue as yesterday's piece. And the reason for that is time. One of the first things I learned was to work on more than one piece at a time...to save time. (pun intended!)

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I see it!
    I love the contrast in this one, too--really catches my eye! The architectural drawing at the top is beautiful-it does give me the impression of solitude. Thanks so much for sharing your art Dee!

    ReplyDelete