Friday, February 11, 2011

"Recklessly" ($30.00)






































(adjusted price....$30.00)


The chandelier is an icon of light, grandeur, and celebration to me...and they're downright beautiful! As in several of the quotes I've written, this one can have a spiritual or secular meaning. I prefer to think about the love that God wants to bestow when we pursue Him.

I've already mentioned that I am using liquid graphite from a tube to stamp and draw the imagery. Each tube has a slightly different tint and this is the blue one. The brand name is Derivan if you want to give it a try. The lettering and flourishing are done with a light purple gouache..."grayed down", of course. Allowing a very intense color to dominate a piece is not acceptable visually to most viewers. Save the super intense for very select areas.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Dee, absolutely beautiful!!!LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete