Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Infinity" ($60.00)




















(adjusted price....$60.00....mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)

"Stepping into color is like stepping into infinity." Color is a vast subject. So vast that it can take a lifetime to implement and understand all of the nuances it possesses. I like to compare it to spiritual things as well. Knowing God is also a vast subject that will take us into eternity. Both are worth the pursuit.

Besides my continued study and application of Liquitex Pouring Medium, I am learning how to manipulate it more by trying different means of delivery of the paint to paper. It was suggested by another artist to use cake decorating supplies with the special tips. I did try that, but it was less than satisfactory to me because of the characteristics of this medium. It is too "runny", even with no water added. Even though I haven't tried it yet, I believe that bottles with different tips on them would be more adequate. It might also save on product since it could be capped and stored.

At present, I am still mixing it in paper plates, and then bending the plate to make the pour. Keep the paper flat while doing this. Then, it is possible to hold the paper up to direct the direction of the medium. Also, make sure you run your paper under a faucet before beginning. It must be very wet for the paint and medium to move.

One thing I did in this piece was drop water into an area or two where I didn't want as much detail. That worked well. This is just another way of bringing saturated color to artwork. Just something to think about.


Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

1 comment:

  1. Dee... I absolutely love this one... WOW! I saw some of the finished pieces at the meeting last nigh and was so sorry I had to miss the workshop on Saturday... You are an amazing teacher and artist... child of God and everyone knows it. There were only kudos about your workshop... Keep up the great work. I KNOW you will! Thanks for being quite the inspiration to so many, including me. Love, love LOVE!

    ReplyDelete