Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Inquiry" (sold)




















(sold)

Being a person of inquiry is necessary in order to progress in any area of life. The first step in becoming this kind of person is to ask yourself questions. It is not only a fun exercise, but it will open up thoughts that might never have come to mind otherwise. Just think about it and see where it takes you.

I have long been using sponge brushes (I still have the good ones as well!) for many applications of paint. This piece was created with a sponge brush except for the nautilus and the thin edges of paint (edge of a credit card). The medium is acrylic paint, thinned with water and used like watercolor. You can achieve a softer , lighter touch with this brush and by pressing down..."charge in" extra color into a wet area. I am quite certain you will enjoy many applications of paint with the sponge brush. Buy the best ones you can find. I buy mine at a paint store such as Sherwin Williams or Glidden etc.



Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

2 comments:

  1. Those who seek will find. May we all persist in seeking. Thanks for sharing, Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the softness of this painting. It makes me want to reach out and touch it.

    ReplyDelete