Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Water of Life"





















Enjoy and have a glorious Easter!

This piece was created for an Easter Exhibit at my church. It is a 12 x 12 using many of the techniques as in the daily 6" x 6" postings. The over riding goal was to create an image that looked like water in motion.

Since the first post, I have been using liquid graphite in my work. I am using it in a more subtle way now and it comprises the first layer which is the gray area in the center. The white and black areas are gesso applied with a credit card. The blue is acrylic with the exception of the lettering, which happens to be gouache. The lettering is written in blue to give it a better integration into the whole piece. You could call it the "Yves Leterme Efect" which I explained in yesterday's post. Never the less, the point is that a decision to write the text in black would have defeated my goal here of integration. Using the right values in the right place is the essence of integration.  ( This piece is not listed on ebay so contact me
through a comment or e-mail of any interest you might have.  It is for sale for $200.00)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter, Dee! I'll bet that one of my favorite quotes, then, is also one of yours:

    "Color gets all the credit, but value does all the work." -- Unknown

    XOXO, Donna :)

    ReplyDelete