Thursday, August 4, 2011

"A Duet" (unavailable)




















(unavailable)

The two characteristics that seem to consistently describe a successful person are determination and discipline. Some people are born with more determination than others, but more often than not, both qualities must be given careful thought and practice. The "carrot" to motivate us to to develop these qualities is achievement. Just something to think about.

Sometimes when creating paste paper, I get sudden urges to do things to create more interesting textures. I especially like to create texture that doesn't look contrived. After applying my paste on this piece, I created some italic letters with a broad edged shaper tool. As I hung the piece to dry, I decided to spray that area with water...followed quickly by placing a trash bag on the floor! The texture turned out incredibly well and I have new technique under my belt.

The point in sharing this is that you might want to try this yourself, but more importantly, don't be afraid to follow your "gut instinct" and experiment by doing whatever comes to mind. After all, it's not life threatening.....it's only paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment