Monday, August 15, 2011

"Thoughts" (sold)




















(sold)

Thoughts enter and exit our minds at an accelerated rate each and every day. The wise person will gather up the good ones and throw the rest away. Gather up the thoughts that are positive....the ones that move you forward in life.

Today's piece leaves no middle ground for the viewer. You will either love it or hate it. What can I say! It simply evolved. And I do have days like that where I simply don't want to do things in a conventional way.

I did try to think about shapes and color as the elements that would unify the craziness. Otherwise, I just followed my instincts. You could call it a "jazz" or "improvisational" process. I will admit that I'm partial to the combination of turquoise green and lime green together.

The one new thing that is not present in any other (6" x 6") is the imprint of letters into dried gesso with metal stamps. It gives the look and feel of letter press. Also notice that every corner is strikingly different. Try your hand at this "funky" improvisational process. It's really quite satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment