Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Rest" ($60.00)




















(adjusted price.....$60.00....mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)

Saying that rest is renewal is like an overstatement of the obvious. However, I have noticed that most people, myself included, tend to think that rest can be robbed with no consequences. The medical verdict is in. Our cells need replenishment and that only happens when we rest. Join me with a new commitment to set aside more time for rest.

As you can see, I am still experimenting a lot with gesso. In this piece, I randomly painted a very dilute portion of violet on blank paper first. Then came the gesso...also randomly applied but extending from edge to edge. Cobalt Blue and Transparent Burnt Sienna (very diluted) were then applied.

What I am particularly fond of is the illuminated effect that happens when transparent color is applied over gesso. The exciting part of this whole process is playing around with the sequence of layers. Mixing acrylics and applying them like watercolor is also part of this transparency. You will actually be able to paint over a layer and not disturb the layer underneath. Golden Fluid Acrylics are made for this type of watercolor application. Just something to try or think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

1 comment:

  1. Love the effect of the layering in this painting it gives an unusual and interesting depth as my eyes move across!

    ReplyDelete