Monday, August 1, 2011

"In The Weeds" (sold)




















(sold)


Many days of Texas heat have scorched much plant life...even the weeds! But I have noticed that even with the scarcity of rain, the wild yucca plants remain green amidst the brown weeds. It serves as a visual reminder that there is beauty even when life throws you in the weeds. (Thanks to my many friends who have shown their concern and offered their prayers during this month of recovery. Jim is progressing nicely as he eases back into a normal schedule.)

The month of July was a chance for me to rethink my process a bit and share those thoughts with you.

I discovered that more creative thought and less stress occurs if I view each week as a collection. So instead of working on one piece and one posting at a time, I now write quotes, choose images, and backgrounds for a week. By taking a loose leaf notebook and filling it with sheet protector pages (purchased at any office supply), I place a black sheet of cover stock in each sheet protector and then place all of my backgrounds in the sleeves. The quotes are then placed with the selected background and then I am able to work on different aspects of all seven pieces. It also enables me to go anywhere with my notebook to have a "think" session. Another advantage of working this way is that the energy from one piece carries over to the others, creating a chain reaction. It's worth a try, even if you are simply working on two or three pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Blessings to you, Dee! It's good to see you back here! Love and hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY GREAT IDEAS!!! Time for a "think session" at Starbucks, again, friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!
    Glad hubby's doing well..
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete