Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Edges and Fragments"




















Today's post is an introduction to my self published book of the top 100 pieces from my blog postings from February 2011, through October 2011. Most self published books are expensive to produce, but my husband and I made a decision to order in bulk to keep the cost down. We are offering it for $40.00 (tax included) which is our cost. The remainder of my posting today is the introduction to the book which explains part of the reason I started a daily blog in the first place.


In February 2011, I committed to completing a (6" x 6") painting each day. My vehicle for displaying and commenting on my work is a blog. Each piece contains an original quote within the context of a piece of artwork. The works have been created with mixed media on archival watercolor papers and mounted on Ampersand clay board panels or 1.50" depth clay boards.

I wanted to see what this commitment would teach me about process. At this point, I have completed well over 200 pieces. It could be called the "agony and the ecstasy". Both emotions have been felt at a deep level. In the final analysis, it has been worth the effort. What I have learned about process is greater than what I've learned through any workshop, private instruction, book, video, or any other means.

Nothing compares to a daily deadline to shut down the negative internal voice that plagues most artists. To show the progression of growth, I have arranged the images in chronological order. The date of the posting and title of each piece is listed in the index at the back of the book. Extended commentary about process can then be viewed on my blog.

Please contact me personally to order a book. There will be a $5.00 fee for shipping. (There will soon be an image of the book in the right hand column with a pay pal link as well.)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations, Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Dee, this is such an incredible book! What an accomplishment and each and every art piece is fresh and unique. Thank you for sharing your expertise and talent.

    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete