Thursday, May 10, 2012

"Boldness"




















(unavailable)


"Boldness is the fearless attribute that attracts others with vivid and vigorous distinctions." Well, today's quote is quite a mouthful. I got all excited when I looked up the definition of "bold" and out came this quote. All effective leaders have this attribute.

The technique involved in creating this pouring medium piece has some distinct characteristics. I began as usual by mixing up my colors and wetting the paper under a faucet. Rather than covering the whole sheet with one light color, I cover about two thirds of it (in the middle) with the orange color, held up the paper, turned it and sprayed with water to get complete movement and coverage. I then layed it on wax paper and poured the red, greed gold, and black. My thought was to have intense color blocks with no external manipulation.

As I watched it began to move on its own and mingle a bit, I simply got the urge to use a toothpick and run it through the black and green. In that way, you will be able to have some detail and still have two other areas with no manipulation. Using different colors, and different textural tools in a specific portion will give you hours of productive fun. So now you have a few more things to try or think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment