Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Joy"




















(unavailable)


"Joy springs up with the right attitude." Isn't it refreshing to be around people who are joyful and always have a good attitude? I am not always like that, but I sure would like to be known as a joyful person. Wouldn't you?

Those of you who think I can blog in my sleep can let go of that thought today. I will be very honest with you on this one. (And this is something I vowed never to do!) But today's posting barely got done and there are many things wrong. So today, I will hit on a few of the wrong things.

First of all, if you are a lettering artist, and you are writing one line of text (in black) across a piece....it better be straight!! However, today's line of text is just a "hair" off, but it is enough to drive me nuts. Also, some papers are easier to correct than others. I wiped off this line of lettering twice and practically ruined the paper (140lb HP). I then thought I could make it look better with a bit of Black Charcoal Powder. Not!! It only "muddied" the waters.

So, maybe tomorrow will be better. At least I did try and didn't opt out and hopefully the quote will speak to someone today. Rest assured that not every piece you try will work out the way you want. We are only human. And that's a refreshing thought! Just a few more things to think about.

1 comment: