Monday, May 14, 2012

"An Inquiring Spirit"




















($60.00......6" x 6".....mounted on a 1.50" depth clayboard)


"Knowledge breaks out and fills the mind of an inquiring spirit." It is the person who asks questions about anything and everything that has an inquiring spirit. These persons have much knowledge, are never bored, and generally have life goals. It's a good thing!

This is a new technique I am trying with pouring medium. I poured the green gold and orange/red colors first and then blended them slightly together with a palette knife. I then added raw umber followed by titan buff and then blended those colors together and slightly overlapped the first two colors. I then dropped in a few drops (out of a bottle) of the orange/red and raw umber and left it alone.

There are many experiments that can be done with this that will create "wisps" of color due to the action of the palette knife. Even though these colors fill the entire space, I believe there can be instances where you might just want a bit of color with solid background taking up most of the space. The palette knife is the tool of the day! This technique will be demonstrated and tried in my upcoming workshop this weekend. Just a few more things to try or think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

1 comment:

  1. I am still thinking chocolate ice cream with fudge sauce flambe'. Beautifully scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete