Monday, January 23, 2012

"Sit and Think"




















($40.00.....6" x 6" mounted on a 1/8" depth clayboard panel)


"Sit and think before running and doing." In an age when thinking seems to be a lost art, it can be revived with just a thought. With notepad in hand and a restful place, thinking can become your best time saver because "an ounce of thought is worth a pound of work."

Liquitex Pouring Medium was the impetus for many postings in October and November. But this is the first photo involving two colors plus pouring medium. The marbling effect will not happen unless two colors are used. When pouring the medium on the print, I did try to keep the medium off of the bench since it was the focal point. However, I realized that some of this "gooey stuff" needed to connect with the bottom so I stuck my finger in it and simply dragged it over the image.

For those who were in the Color Workshop, you will notice that this is a softer effect than what we did in class. This effect is achieved by diluting the medium with water a bit, but not so much that the color doesn't stay suspended in the medium.

This technique actually punches up the color more than soft pastels and looks very similar to encaustic painting. For now, I think I will find me a place to think because I have only begun with layering techniques using Pouring Medium. Just a few more things to think about.

Please contact me personally to inquire about this piece.

1 comment: