Monday, February 6, 2012

"Red" (unavailable)




















(unavailable)


"Enjoy the color red for it communicates love better than any other color." Have you noticed how the color red is associated with several of our top holidays? Not only Valentines Day, but Christmas, and the Fourth of July. It is a color that we are already seeing everywhere so enjoy the festive atmosphere and the one you love!

Don't even ask me how I manipulated the pouring medium mixture to spontaneously come up with a heart because I have no idea! What I do know is that all kinds of magical things happen when working with pouring medium. I will probably never tire of it completely but I do expect it to continue evolving as more techniques are tried.

If you have been trying this on your own, I would like to give you another tip. It is very important to leave some of the paper untouched completely or covered with light color. I have actually frightened myself with some of the color combinations and when the entire design space is covered with this moving color, it will give you a sense of being engulfed to the point you cannot work on the piece. Somehow, the untouched areas of paper seem to ground and stabilize the process. It also gives you a place to write. Just a few more things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment