Monday, March 21, 2011

"Clarity and Definition" ($30.00)




















(adjusted price......$30.00)


Since I am an early riser, it is generally dark when I get up. Even with a lamp on , many of the objects in the room are in deep shadows. Not until the sun comes up can I see clearly enough to distinguish the edges of everything. The meaning of this quote can obviously be quite literal, but it also has a deeply spiritual meaning as well. Think about it.

Every oil painter on the planet would "cringe" at using pure white in a piece of art. But there is a "piercing" quality about pure white that I like. I wanted that quality in conjunction with this quote, but if you want to stay on the straight and narrow, try tinting your whites with a bit of color. Even a touch of blue would have made a big difference in this piece.

Begin to notice all of the "whites" in your surroundings and then try to mix that color. A great exercise to try!

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

1 comment: