Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Cotton" (unavailable)




















(permanent collection of dee day)


Being a native Texan and living most of my life in this state has given me a love for all things Texas. This means that I will be posting a more light hearted quote with a Texas flavor from time to time. This is the second one.

Recently I had a conversation with a prominent oil painter in Austin about the process of creating art. She made the point that you must show up everyday. That resonated with me and was actually the number one reason for creating and posting a painting a day. It doesn't mean that every painting turns out well or that I "feel" like doing it everyday. Some days I would rather sleep or go have coffee at Starbucks!

What I have noticed after posting (44) times is that something always happens when I show up to paint and write. The biggest surprise of all is that some of the more successful pieces happened when I felt like being a "no show". The moral of this story is that something always happens when we decide to work on our work. It will not happen any other way.

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

2 comments:

  1. NICE, Dee!!!! Did I tell you that your profile pic is CUTE!!
    :)
    V....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, Dee!

    Hey, have you ever visited: http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/ ?

    As a native Texan myself, I enjoy it immensely!

    XOXO, Donna :)

    ReplyDelete