Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Garment of Reality" (sold)





















(sold)


Our minds can play tricks on us and make us think things that are not real. It's called rationalization. I have this cascading fabric occupying most of the space to represent the dominance of reality. Responding correctly to truth results in real change taking place.

It has taken me awhile, but I am now a firm believer in creating my pieces a bit larger than they need to be. It allows for some creative "cropping" at the end. So before I even committed to posting everyday, I had (2) mats cut with a 6 x 6 opening. If you work in many different sizes....go buy a large black mat and cut it to form (2) "L" shapes. Most everyone knows this already, but some may need a reminder. It never hurts to go back to the basics. Even people who are quite accomplished keep working on the foundational things. Having (2) cropping "L's" is basic.

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment