Monday, March 7, 2011

"Examine The Process" ($40.00)




















(adjusted price....$40.00)


In every endeavor, process can be a friend or foe. It is always good to analyze our steps in achieving a goal because it can save hours of time. It also helps to know people with the gift of administration who can throw you a "lifeline". I wonder if I could have one of those types to be my personal assistant!

The focus in this piece is strictly color and texture. The truly hard edges are only found in the lettering. Everything else is either scratched into or scumbled and then softened with alcohol. I also used prussian blue for the darkest dark. The contrasts of color are well represented with contrast of light and dark....contrast between warm and cool....and contrast of saturation (intense or diluted). It is fun and instructive to play with different color combinations on a 4 x 6 sample paper and jot down a few notes. That's what process is all about.

Please visit my ebay listing to bid on original art from Dee Day Art Journal Painting a Day.
Dee Day ebay

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I wish I could watch a video of you painting this, start to finish. That would be awesome! XOXO, Donna :)

    ReplyDelete